Sunday 24 March 2013

FlashBack @ HomeTown



     Hi............... this is a FlashBack of the days and locations that i have spent in my own HomeTown                                                                                                                                                                                

CUDDAORE(Tamil Nadu-India)


When u hear  of this  ,I know u immediately  remember the  most appalling  incidents  that had taken place ........Tsunami and the Thane. Yes, I belong  to that small town.
 cuddalore, my town were i lived from  the day i was born............

Apart from this there is another issue that some people remember  of this .Yes,the  fact is that the town is located  just  25km far from Pondicherry(hope we all know the reason........ha ha ha)But, am writing this page to appreciate the other beauties and importance of my hometown.


Let's begin with the reason behind for which the town is called so..........
Cuddalore->cuddal +ore cuddal  means sea(tamil)and this means that the town is located at a seashore.


Pride of cuddalore, the Silver beach. It is the second longest beach on the Coromandel Coast and one of the longest beaches in Asia .

Seashore was the beloved and the most admired place for all kids. You know , when u like some place the most, u tend to spend  the most  memorable moments  of ur life at  that lovely environment, I did  same .Last day of my schooling, My first outing with my thick nd thins.........,Silver Beach was a part of my life,till tsunami struck our shore on Dec 26th 2004. The day ,I still remember, the loud cries and agonies of the families that  reached the depth of our heart and automatically made all our lacrimal glands to work.

Finally we were provoked from visiting the most admirable pride of our town.......which most of us adore the most.


This  seashore supports the first occupation at the town, fisheries....we have a  huge Harbour with us, that connects to most of the countries supporting export  and import. This helps us contribute much to the economical  growth of the state. When i talk of fisheries  i remember  something........ Every morning i woke up hearing the  sound of a business man ,marketing...............ERAAA,NANDU MEENOI......
Even this occupation was affected to an extent due to the miseries that happened but thank God we were able to  come  out  of the crisis soon.

This regards the economy of my town..... Next when we come to educational aspect....

The First Chief Minister Honourable Late  Mr.Suburayalu Naidu  belonged  to cuddalore and was educated from the very same town. There are good number of quality  educational institutions  all  over  the  town.


In regards with tourism and pilgrimage ,we can find a lot of pilgrims during the peak time of board exams to offer  prayers to the  God of education Lord Hayagrivar resides at the
Oushadhagiri hill near  Sri  Hemambuja Nayaki Samedha Sri Devanatha  Swamy  Temple,Thiruvahindipuram. The temple is the only nadunattu Thirupatti amoung the 108 Vaishnava  DivyaDesam. The temple was the livelihood of the Srimath Vedhantha Dhesigar who, is one of the Guru's of  SriVaishnavam  and was called kavitharkika simham for his greatest  compositions in Sanskrit.  Temple located at the bank of river Gedilam.



      Sri Hayagriva swamy present here is believed to be prathyaksham (appeared in front )  blesses with  richness, good quality education, hike in business and so most of the parents performs  aksharabyasam (ceremony done to star schooling for their kids) on thursdays and offer ellakka maallai. I know  how mothers bring their board exam aspiring children and tell them.......... ANGA ENE VEDIKA PAKARA ,NANA EXAM EZHUDANANUM NU HAYAGRIVAR KITA VENDIKKO D MUDALLA.........



Next I want to tell you all about the Perriya Kovil of my place, sri Brahannayaki samedha sri padalishwarar swamy temple, Thirupadiripuliur the temple is one among the Paadal Pettra Sthalangal of the Saivites ,The temple is the heart of the entire town, around which the cuddalore town is actually built.











             


Apart from all these.........cuddalore is were I spent all my college days ,none of us can forget r first college life. Those were the evergreen moments of my life, The day I  meet my friends, Days I cried after fighting with them...., My last working day of my college,My graduation day, Reunion at college, Cuddalore had become a part in all footprints of my life.........I know for all of you  ur hometown means the same.


THANKS FOR KNOWING MYTOWN. HOPE U REMEMBER UR HOMETOWN AND APPRECIATE THE  HAPPINESS U HAD THERE

BUT, THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE FLASHBACK.............WILL BE BACK SOON



4 comments: